SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, AT THE SHARD UNVEILS NEW LOCAL MARKET WEDDING MENU AND CULINARY ADVENTURE
“Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard towers high up in the clouds at 182 metres above sea level and boasts a dramatic backdrop of one of the world’s most famous cityscapes. The three meeting and event spaces are located on Level 34, 125 metres above the city and offer unparalleled views of London landmarks, from Tower Bridge and St Paul’s Cathedral, to Tate Modern and the London Eye. Complete with an elegant sweeping staircase and floor to ceiling windows, Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London is the perfect setting for a dream wedding.”
As soon as I got the invite to the launch of the new wedding menu at the Shangri -La I jumped at the chance to go and enjoyed every moment of this experience!!The new menu launch celebrates the best seasonal produce London Borough has to offer. The experience starts with the Bride and Groom to be meeting the wonderful wedding team on the stunning 34th floor, couples are then taken on a tour of Borough Market, where they are introduced to Shangri La’s local suppliers, tasting all of the delicacies and creating their very own wedding menu from start to finish.
When we arrived at the 34th floor we were greeted with a champagne reception and canapés, surrounded by the breathtaking views of London at night. We were then lead to the Yi room over looking London’s famous Tower Bridge to enjoy our sit down 6 course meal. The Yi room was the smallest of the three rooms ceremonies can take place in, this room is ideal for a more intimate ceremony, as it host up to 10 guests. They had pulled out all of the stops, from the beautiful table layouts, the warm hospitality, the hotel wedding team really went out of their way to cater to everyones needs, there were meat eaters, vegans, vegetarians and pescatarians, every plate was empty throughout all 6 courses.
Each dish was just as tasty as the next, my favourite dishes were the Steamed turbot, dashi, shellfish and wild mushroom main and the alternative dessert – Pina Colada Savarin with Pineapple Anise Compate and Coconut Lime Sorbet, which unbelievably was gluten and sugar free!
After dessert we were taken to see the other ceremony rooms, along with a tour of the Shangri La suite which at 10k a night is something only I can dream of (LOL) This room has hosted guest such as Gerrad Butler and Idris Elba. The evening ended back in the Yi room, waiters on hand to top up our wine and dish out the delights of the Neal’s Yard Dairy cheese station which with had over 40 different British cheeses. We were also given a goodie bag with delicious treats from the local suppliers – Bermondsey Street Bees Honey, homemade chutney, Jensen’s Gin or Whirld Fudge.
If you love London and are looking to plan a stylish and contemporary wedding the Shangri La hotel is definitely the place to do it! Not only would it be a great place for the main ceremony the intimate dining room would be great for a pre wedding meal or an elegant Hen party.
Wedding package information
- x2 glasses of Champagne and x6 canapes on arrival
- Three course Wedding Breakfast with half a bottle of wine per person, tea, coffee and petit fours
- One glass of champagne for the toast
- Half a bottle of water per person
- Evening reception with local artisan food stations from Cannon & Cannon, Neal’s Yard Dairy, Whirld Fudge and Jensen’s Gin.
- Wedding Favours from local suppliers, with a choice of Bermondsey Street Bees Honey, homemade chutney, Jensen’s Gin or Whirld Fudge.
- Overnight stay the night of wedding for the bride and the groom
- Chair covers, place cards, dance floor
- Menu tasting culinary adventure for the bride and the groom
- £240.00 per person – based on minimum number of 50
- Cannon & Cannon charcuterie station
- Neal’s Yard cheese station
- Whirld Fudge bar
- Jensen’s Gin Station
- A 24-hour civil marriage and civil partnership license offers the flexibility to host a wedding at a time of day, whether for an intimate wedding for two or for a large wedding with up to 140 guests.
- The wedding license is available in several areas of the hotel, including three river-facing private event rooms on level 34 and the signature bar, GŎNG, complete with an infinity pool on level 52.
To book the special Local-Market Wedding Menu packages, guests may contact:
Jessica Avison – Social Event Manager
Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London
Email : email@example.com
Call: 0207 089 5523 ext. 2523
Although we were invited to sample the delights at The Shangri La – The Shard, all opinions are our own and we were not paid to write this blog.
All the content is written by our Bridal Chic gal about London town Natalie Clements.