When the email landed from the PR team at Portobello Road Gin I was instantly excited. I am a huge Gin lover so this was the perfect opportunity to immerse myself in all things Gin. I can honestly say it was an amazing experience that every bona-fide Gin lover should do. Not only do you get to taste all the various botanicals used to make Gin, but you get to choose the ones most suited to your taste and blend your own bottle of gin! So whether you prefer a Dry Smokey Gin or maybe something a touch more Floral, the only limit really is your imagination. They even threw in some unexpected Botanicals, Asparagus Gin anyone?
The chance to make my own gin blend would be enough to have me coming back but you also learn about Gins very sordid past along with many other interesting facts, all in the comfort of the speak-easy style basement bar sipping on gin cocktails.. what’s not to love?
I took my other half along with me which was perfect as he’s the original gin lover who converted me THANK GOD. We headed to the ever lively Portobello Road, had some lunch and pre drinks before settling into our 3 hour Ginstitute experience.
As a bride to be this really interested me as we are currently looking at ways to add our own personal touch to our wedding next year and this combined something we both loved along with that DIY personal touch. I love the idea of having our bespoke gin as miniatures for our favors a service that they offer.
The bespoke wedding sessions offered by the Ginstitue will find the bride and groom creating their own completely unique blend of Gin guided by gin experts to create a delicious blend of their favorite botanicals and flavours – the recipe is then distilled by Portobello Road’s Gin’s master distillers and taken away by the bottle. The recipe is also kept on file so should you want more bottles in the future you simply order online It’s the absolutely perfect way for gin lovers to create a special touch to enjoy on the big day.
I’m so glad to have been given the chance to try this, if you’re looking for fun activities to do for your hen do then this is it! It would make sure a great group activity for you and your hens to enjoy. They even have boutique rooms on site with the The Distillery for food and drinks downstairs a one stop shop fuelled by GIN!
Head over to the website linked below, they run daily sessions Monday – Sunday;
- Private bride and groom sessions or miniature orders – POA
- The Ginstitute public sessions for up to 20 gin students (including one 70cl bottle of your bespoke blend and a 70cl bottle of Portobello Road Gin to take away) – £110 per person
- Sessions are held daily from Monday to Thursday at 7pm. On Fridays sessions are held at 2pm, 5pm & 7pm. On Saturdays, The Ginstitute runs five sessions at 11pm, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7pm and on Sundays there is one session only at 2pm.
- Bottle reorders of your own recipe to serve at the wedding -from £35 per 70cl bottle
- One night B&B in one of The Distillery’s double guest room’s costs £150.
- To book make an enquiry visit The Ginstitute’s website or call 0203 034 2234
Images and content are from The Ginstitute and Rachael McVey. We were sent to review “The Ginstitute” in exchange for writing an impartial blog, all opinions are Rachael’s own.