THE GINSTITUTE LAUNCHES BESPOKE WEDDING GIN-MAKING SESSIONS
Brides and grooms can now say ‘I do’ to their own splendid wedding day gin, as proud proprietors of London spirit, Portobello Road Gin and curators of ‘The Ginstitute’ Notting Hill, launch their bespoke wedding service.
The Ginstitute’s gin scholars will guide couples to create the perfect marriage of flavours and botanicals in the 180-minute* session that culminates in bride and groom making their own bespoke gin; adding quintessential British luxe to arrival aperitifs, blissful wedding breakfast beverages, wedding party gifts or late-night party libations.
The bride and groom can also then use their bespoke blend of gin as a gloriously spirited favour idea as ‘The Ginstitute’ will bottle and deliver miniature bottles of your recipe, making the perfect token gift for guests. Couples can choose from the classic Ginstitute label or personalised templates are also available on request, so your bottle design can be as unique as its contents.
The Ginstitute is situated at 186 The Distillery – home of the Uk’s largest independent premium gin, Portobello Road Gin. Hidden in the lower floor of ‘The Distillery’ – The Ginstitute’s immersive wedding session takes gin lovers are taken on an enlightening and entertaining whistle stop tour of the spirit’s marvellous history for a truly memorable experience. During the course, participants are suitably lubricated with incredible juniper-based drinks making it a perfect and fun alternative stag or hen do idea too.
Following the course, couples can carry on their experience at The Distillery by heading on up to one of two bars at the gin residence. The Resting Room serves a menu of classic cocktails and British food while the first floor Gintonica celebrates Spain with its ‘G&T plus’ bar, serving over 100 gins and a menu of delicious tapas. As a pre-wedding treat, bride and groom can also ‘steep’ over in one of The Distillery’s three cosy guest rooms that offer iconic views of Portobello Road, straight out of Richard Curtis’ iconic rom-com picture ‘Notting Hill’.
Master Distiller and head ginstructor Jake F. Burger said: “We wanted to launch The Ginstitute wedding service as we felt that the opportunity to make your own gin for the big day would provide a special touch to wedding day celebrations. Our team of gin experts are on hand to help you make a gin that reflects your tastes and your personality for a memorable and unexpected detail that will delight your guests.”
- Private bride and groom sessions or miniature orders – POA
- The Ginstitute public sessions for up to 20 gin students (including one 70cl bottle of your bespoke blend and a 70cl bottle of Portobello Road Gin to take away) – £110 per person
Sessions are held daily from;
Monday to Thursday at 7pm.
Fridays sessions are held at 2pm, 5pm & 7pm.
Saturdays, The Ginstitute runs five sessions at 11pm, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7pm
Sundays there is one session only at 2pm.
– Bottle reorders of your own recipe to serve at the wedding -from £35 per 70cl bottle
– One night B&B in one of The Distillery’s double guest room’s costs £150.
To book make an enquiry visit The Ginstitute’s website or call 0203 034 2234
*The Ginstitute sessions are approximately 180-minutes long, and never far off, but the exact time can vary from group to group.
About Portobello Road Gin:
● A Capital Bracer, Portobello Road Gin is available in store and online from Waitrose, Selfridges, Tesco and Harvey Nichols. RRP £25. Portobello Road Gin has also recently been launched into several international markets including the US.
● Born at 171 Portobello Road – and after nine months of experimentation, the perfect blend of nine botanicals was crafted using juniper berries, coriander seed, angelica root, orris root, lemon peel, orange peel, liquorice root, cassia bark and nutmeg.
● Portobello Road Gin was the only London Dry Gin in the premium category to win the top ranking ‘Master’ accolade in the Global Gin Masters 2015.
● Portobello Road Gin – Director’s Cut is an annual project born from a long-term desire to produce a unique, artisan gin with botanicals hand-sourced by the team. Its directors have created limited-edition gins such as The Director’s Cut No.02 Smoky Gin and the first ever London Dry Gin made with British asparagus. ● The Finest Address In Gin – since launching in 2011, 171 Portobello Road Gin has quickly established itself as a favourite amongst connoisseur consumers, bartenders and gin fans across the globe. www.portobelloroadgin.com
Awards 2015 New York International Spirits Competition – London Distillery of the Year
About The Distillery: The first of its kind in the UK, The Distillery is the new residence for capital bracer, Portobello Road Gin. Proud purveyors of London spirit, Portobello Road Gin’s new home features four floors designed for the discerning drinker, including a distillery, GinTonica, The Resting Room, a museum, off-licenced shop, gin-making experience ‘The Ginstitute’, and three boutique guest rooms overlooking London’s iconic market street, Portobello Road.
Phone number is 020 3034 2233
The post ‘The Ginstitute’ – Bespoke Wedding Gin Making Sessions appeared first on Bridal Chic.